Class schedules are the must have tools for any kind of learning sessions like schools, training sessions, yoga, surfing, diving, computer classes etc. the purpose of class schedules is to keep the students organized and informed about their learning sessions. A tight schedule is important for any kind of learning session because these schedules are creating a sense and feel of responsibilities in learners as well as teachers. Class schedules are great sources of time management as well as are good enough to inform the learners about their course contents and course instructors. The purpose of making a class schedule is to make students ready for their classes in advance with all the required stuff like course contents, notebook, pen etc.
In colleges and universities, class schedules are usually created by coordinators in which along with students the teachers are also addressed, whereas in training sessions or for yoga classes the class schedules are created by the instructor or teacher for their students. Creating a class schedule isn’t a big deal and anyone can create it easily. A class schedule helps the instructor or teacher in getting information about the active and brilliant participants and students of the class, their attendance and grades maintenance etc mainly in training or yoga classes.
Here is preview of this Class Schedule Template,
Guidelines for making a class schedule
- Open Microsoft Excel, because it is the most common tool that is available in the PC for everyone.
- Merge the first four to five rows and write the name of the instructor, number of students, duration of the session and the name of the organization. It is important only for training or yoga sessions not for school and colleges etc.
- For school or collage, write the name of the days of the week on the top of each column from B to onward according to your school or college schedule. In the first column or column A write the name of all subjects and highlight the timings of classes on different days of the week in the other column under the names of the days. You can also write the names of teachers who will attend the class.
- The timings or duration of each class should be managed according to the length of your school or college daily session as well as according to the numbers of subjects. For example the length of a high school daily session is 6 hours, and each class has 4 subjects, then the time intervals for a single class will be about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Assign the rest of 40 minutes for a break or recess.
- Take a print out of the class schedule and post it near the door of the classroom in order to inform all the relative students.
Class schedules designed by instructors for training sessions or yoga classes are usually sent by the instructor to all the participants via email in order to inform them. Usually in institutes there are pre-designed templates for class schedules that coordinator or teachers have to simply fill in according to their timetables.