Meetings are important part of any business organization to take important decisions. Meeting provides you separate time to brainstorm ideas and different plans to get the solution of different problems. It is not easy to organize a successful meeting because lots of resources and time is required for this purpose. If you want to get desired results then it is necessary to plan everything in advance. It will be good to design a meeting schedule to organize everything properly. It will help you to inform all meeting attendees about the meeting so that they can prepare for the meeting before time. Well planned meeting schedule will help you to organize a productive meeting because it is an easy way to keep everything on right track. You can write all important questions and topics that are necessary to cover during meeting.
Here is preview of this Meeting Schedule Template created using MS Excel,
Tips to Design Meeting Schedule
Well designed meeting schedule will lead you straight toward successful and productive meeting and for your help I am going to share some tips to design meeting schedule:
- In first step, you have to indentify the purpose of meeting to perfectly prepare a list of items necessary for meetings and the list of topics necessary to discuss in the meeting.
- Carefully estimate the total time of meeting according to the number of items necessary to discuss during meeting. It will help you to allocate sufficient time to each item according to its importance.
- Write title and date of meeting on the top of meeting schedule. Start your schedule on positive notes by writing positive and encouraging items on the top and other items in the bottom.
- Outline all issues and questions that are necessary cover in current meeting. It will be good to include additional details with each main item to save your time. Write the name of each responsible person with his/her main topic for presentation in the meeting.
- It is necessary to circulate your meeting schedule before meeting and make sure to follow it during meeting also. Discuss all mentioned issues and write down those issues that will be raised during discussion and you want to cover them in next meeting.
- It is necessary to write all topics with the name of speakers opposite to them. You can write designated time for each issue to each speaker according to the importance of topics.
- You have to write commencing and ending time of meeting on the meeting schedule. It will make other meeting participants careful about the timing of meeting. Carefully write the venue of meeting in the meeting schedule.
- You can consult meeting notes of previous meetings to know about any pending issue of previous meeting. Include every important issue that are necessary to be discussed in current meeting.
- After completing the meeting schedule, read it carefully because any logical or grammatical mistake can ruin your impression before reader.
- Print many copies of meeting schedule to send it to all related personnel so that they can come to meeting with full preparation. It plays an important role in the success of meeting.
Here is download link for this Meeting Schedule Template,